Address, Phone, Fax, Email
We serve Albany County NY
Community Resource FCU is a community credit union
serving Albany County. We offer outstanding rates and low fees on a
full range of financial services. Come see why we're the friendly
place to bank.
- Chartered in 1935 to serve the employees of Niagara Mohawk Power Corporation in the Albany and Hudson districts.
- In late 1977, the N.M.P. Albany Administrative FCU merged with our Credit Union
- The CU office was located at 1125 Broadway - Niagara Mohawk's regional headquarters - for most of its history until 1996.
- In 1995 the CU purchased the building at 20 Wade Road and moved its headquarters on July 1, 1996
- In January of 1996, we extended the field of membership to employer groups outside of Niagara Mohawk and changed our name to Community Resource FCU.
- Select employer groups (SEGs) began to be added in July of 1996. As a result of a lawsuit filed by the banking associations, an injunction was placed in October of that year preventing credit unions from adding other employer groups. Before this was imposed, 45 groups had been added to our field of membership.
- In order to easily serve as many members as possible, the Credit Union applied for a community charter which was approved in July of 2000. This enables anyone who lives, works, worships, or attends school in Albany County to join, as well as family members of those eligible.
- The Credit Union is governed by a 7-member Board of Directors.