MoneyRules For Teens - Access to banking products & education
Community Resource Federal Credit Union's MoneyRules For Teens Program has a ton of services that will give you the knowledge and freedom to make your own financial decisions. And, by using these banking products now - before you leave high school and set out on your own - you'll learn how to be a smart financial consumer!
Save for your future
Open a MoneyRules share certificate to help save for college or your future plans. Save at an above-market rate on this 12-month share certificate . The minimum to open the MoneyRules share certificate is $100. You can make deposits into the share certificate at any time up to $30,000 per term. The MoneyRules share certificate converts to a regular share certificate after your 18th birthday.
Your own checking account and ATM/VISA debit card
If you're at least 16 years old, you can open a MoneyRules Essential Checking Account and Member Connection ATM/VISA Debit Card. You'll be responsible for making your own deposits and withdrawals and keeping track of them too. You must apply jointly with your parent.
- Free withdrawals at affiliated ATMs, eight free withdrawals per month at other ATMs with
your Member Connection ATM/VISA Debit Card
- First order of 50 checks free (Emerald Elegance style only) with your first check order
- No per check charges
- .50% Annual Percentage Rate discount on vehicle and personal loans (except holiday loans) with automatic payment. Applies to loans granted beginning March 1, 2015
- .25% premium on share certificates (CDs) with an active checking account*
- Free bill pay and online banking
- Mobile banking with E-alerts and Mobile Check Deposit
- No monthly fees or minimum balance requirements
- Free unlimited check writing
- Overdraft protection from savings or overdraft line with no monthly fees.
MoneyRules College Scholarship
Each year, we will award one $1,000 scholarship to the MoneyRules member who is a college-bound, high school senior and who demonstrates the greatest financial need.
Learn about credit by using it
Teens who are at least 16 years old can be authorized users on their parent's card. This means that you share your parent's credit line. Your purchases will not earn rewards.
CU Student Loans
Federal loans not enough to cover the cost of your college education? The CUScholar Private Student Loan available through Community Resource Federal Credit Union can be the answer to your funding needs. Borrow as little as $2,000 or as much as $30,000 per year for a maximum of $120,000 in undergraduate loans or $160,000 in graduate loans.
You must have a Community Resource savings account. Click here to apply!
Call (518) 783-2211 or 1-888-783-2211 for more information.
* Cannot be combined with other rate incentives or the Super Share Certificate. In order for your checking account to be considered active, you must make at least one withdrawal, transfer, direct deposit or debit card transaction per month in your account. If you do not meet the requirement, you will lose the discount.