MoneyRules For Young Adults - affordable banking and valuable information
Now that you’re making your own decisions, you need affordable banking products and advice to help you get the most out of your money.
MoneyRules Essential Checking and Member Connection ATM/VISA® Debit Card.
Essential Checking is our most affordable checking account.
There’s no minimum balance requirement
or monthly service charge.
- Free withdrawals at affiliated ATMs, eight free withdrawals per month at other ATMs with
your Member Connection ATM/VISA Debit Card
- First order of 50 checks free (Emerald Elegance style only) with your first check order
- No per check charges
- .35% discount on most fixed rate loans with an active checking account*
- .25% premium on share certificates (CDs) with an active checking account*
- Free bill pay and online banking
- Mobile Banking
- No monthly fees or minimum balance requirements
- Free unlimited check writing
- Overdraft protection from savings or overdraft line with no monthly fees.
A credit card to pay your way
If you're a college student with a limited credit history, the Money Rules! College Rewards VISA will help you take a giant step toward responsible credit use. The College Rewards Visa Card allows you to establish a solid credit history while earning valuable rewards. You must be attending a two or four year college.
First-time car loan
We offer loans especially for MoneyRules members who are first-time car buyers. The program is for young adults who have been working for at least 12 months and who have a limited credit history. Loans up to $15,000 are available.
CU Student Loans
Federal loans not enough to cover the cost of your college education? The CUScholar Private Student Loan available through Community Resource Federal Credit Union can be the answer to your funding needs. Borrow as little as $2,000 or as much as $30,000 per year for a maximum of $120,000 in undergraduate loans or $160,000 in graduate loans.
You must have a Community Resource savings account. Click here to apply!
Call (518) 783-2211 or 1-888-783-2211 for more information.
* Cannot be combined with other rate incentives or the Super Share Certificate. In order for your checking account to be considered active, you must make at least one withdrawal, transfer, direct deposit or debit card transaction per month in your account. If you do not meet the requirement, you will lose the discount.