Scottie Savers Club for Kids under the age of 13
The Scottie Savers Club helps teach children under the age of 13 to save by rewarding them for good financial decisions.
- Club members will receive a membership card, passbook and a special gift when they become a member. Each time they visit the credit union they will receive a special reward for making a deposit.
- For every deposit made in person by the youth member during the quarter, Scottie Savers Club members will receive an entry into a drawing for a special prize. We will randomly select three winners per quarter. Winners will be notified by phone. Automatic deposits will not be eligible.
- Club members will be able to attend special events throughout the year including Youth Week, National Credit Union Week and a special Youth Day.
- Club members will have free access to financial education workshops, seminars and classes.
- A Scottie Savers 1 year Share Certificate can be opened with as little as $100 and receives an above market rate. You can make deposits at any time up to $30,000 per term. The Share Certificate transfers to a regular 1 year Share Certificate when it comes up for maturity after the child’s 18th birthday. Click here for current rates.
- Club members will receive a card on their birthday.
Things to know:
- The account must be opened with at least $5 and earns interest on all balances.
- For any relative of a member under 13 years old.
- The account must be opened in the child’s name and social security number.
- Automatic deduction from your pay check to a Scottie Savers Club is available.
Call (518) 783-2211 or 1-888-783-2211 for more information.